When I fitted efi to the 5 many years ago, there was no such thing as megasquirt or all the associated helpful information (or indeed much of an internet), so we used the lumininition dizzy to provide crank position to the ecu. I need to strip the engine to locate an odd noise, so while it is in bits I thought I might fit a trigger wheel and sensor 'just in case'.

Where and how have you fitted yours and which sensor is common practice?

Also thinking of fitting an idle speed control as I don't have one and cold start idle is always a pain.

Any photos, advice, contacts and links useful so I don't have to spend the next week on't interweb.

Cheers, Jerry.

Jerry, there's nothing wrong with the dizzy triggert system. For a street car it's more than adequate. Should you go for the trigger wheel you probably have to change the ECU too.. ;)

My Revington Lumenition kit runs since 98 to my full satisfaction.

Your welcome to look at mine Jerry.Had to machine the back of the pulley for the trigger wheel.Made up the bracket for the sensor.

Regards Harry

Thanks Harry, I was going to give you a bell to see if you were going to have the car at the next meeting. I'll be in touch.

Jerry.

When I fitted efi to the 5 many years ago, there was no such thing as megasquirt or all the associated helpful information (or indeed much of an internet), so we used the lumininition dizzy to provide crank position to the ecu.

Hi Jerry,

So are you currently using a 'batch firing' efi system from a production donor car?

No, we custom built it using an ecu from John Wilcox with a fully mapped ignition and fuel system. Just considering what I'd need to do if anything ever went wrong with it (and nothing ever has in the last 15 years).

Jerry