Well I've got droopy door and a worn hinge. The door rises and falls about half an inch at the handle end. Door off easily enough and it's the bottom hinge that's very worn.

Is it worth trying to re-pin it or just buy a new one

Thanks

All four of my hinges are cream crackered , 3 have seized and pins in two pieces and forth badly worn.

Tried to get pins out but failed miserably.

Haven't bought new ones yet , but they are on the shopping list.

I know a few have tried and given up and replaced.

All the best which ever way you go.

Mark

I've got the pin out and the pin isn't worn but the hole is

Tried repining mg hinges with some success. Over bore the hole and turn a pin to match. Blob of weld and away.

What do you think?

I buy Bastuck made ones from TR Shop as I have found a lot of the repro ones have as much play as knackered originals and they do seem to be better made so if your going into Paddocks then try before buying.

Stuart.

I buy Bastuck made ones from TR Shop as I have found a lot of the repro ones have as much play as knackered originals and they do seem to be better made so if your going into Paddocks then try before buying.

Stuart.

+ 1 for TR shop/Bastuk - Here's a picture of another suppliers effort ( amazing difference) - being compared to an original one (red) . I don't have a picture of the bastuk one, but it is very good.

post-391-0-59439800-1464176816_thumb.jpg

Plus another tip, given to me was to also drill a very small hole into the pin housing for oil lubrication.

best Bill

Edited by Bill Bourne

Hi Bill.

That's the exact problem I had, ended up chipping my paint and reverted back to the original.

New one went in the bin.

Beware of repro cr+p Mark.