interior door light switch

I have two sets of mounting points on both a posts ,I assume I should only have one switch either side, looking through the parts book only one shows.

If only one is needed which set of holes should I weld up.

Mark.

Edited by Mark69

The second one is for US market ignition key warning buzzer IIRC. Lower one is normal interior light one. You could stll use the top one for an alarm trigger.

Stuart.

Having had a closer look this morning the bottom set of holes are after market . They do look neater than the picture but the burrs on the back of the holes gives them away. Although no alarm was present when I purchased the car , it might explain all the extra holes I have had to weld up in the engine bay. And also the state of the old wiring loom .

Thanks Mark

The door switch is the same height as the other side. The USA version had another loom to accomodate the switching on the key light and the key buzzer. These double switches are no longer available. So perhaps to solve the problem a second switch was used.

Parts Info from memory of when involved with TR6 shell build project and selling genuine ST panelwork for C&B.

LH A Post = 813100 was replaced by Pt No XKC510 - Drawing change from my memory called for 'Add second switch piercing'

The basic pressing is identical on both part no. variants, as is the final assembly with door restraint spring clip.

Perhaps the A post with extra switch hole was used for all body builds after a certain date to rationalise stocks. Parts supply certainly was.

The same deal happened wit the front panel, which has 2 part nos for what we might call not US after 1974 when the rubber overriders were fitted. - up to a certain date no holes to accept the spoiler after a certain date, holes for the spoiler to fit. Again same basic panel but as time went on only the pierced condition panel was avaialble for spares supply.

No doubt there may be different specs out there.

Just going to prove the factory used any old bits floating around to get a car out the door and sold.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT