My TR7 V8 pop ups work fine except, on daylight flash, the lights come on but have gone off by the time they have popped up! Whilst up, the lights will come on while holding the daylight flasher. The main dashboard switch works fine. It's driving me nuts trying to find the problem. Any ideas anyone....please.

The Pektron has been checked every which way and appears to be fine. It seems impossible to buy a new Pektron now. Would if I could.

The pop ups used to work with lights coming on as they begin to rise and going off as they fall. Not any more!

• 2 weeks later...

The headlamp flasher, via the indicator stalk has a pop up delay of a few seconds, however if you don't keep the stalk pulled back the lights go off.

If you briefly flash the lights and let go, the pop ups will continue to rise, hold for a few seconds, then drop.

Edited by unclepete

The Pektron is only there to hold the pods in the up position for a few seconds. On my car, although the lights do flash on the initial pull of the stalk, I have always found it necessary to give a second pull to flash once the pods are fully up. Or as mentioned by Peter hold the stalk back until the pods are up rather than a quick pull & let go.

Solving this would be an intereresting little project for someone good at solid state electronics! My late uncle David would have loved to have invented a cure for this.

The circuit would have to know when the lights reached the fully up position, then at that moment flash them before the pektron relay retracts the pods again (about 3 secs on mine).

Pretty nifty mod!

Very easy to do - you just need an on-delay timer relay something like this:

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/adjustable-delay-timer-relay-delay-on-or-off-12v-10a.html

If you power it from the output of the Pektron relay it will delay before switching on and then turn off again when the Pektron removes the power to the motor.