repo door handle quality

Hi Mark.

Unless you can have a look at them I'd expect them to be the same as the rest of the cr*p we are sold. I'd suggest the refurb route, as I'm going with everything I can that needs doing.

Good luck Mark.

I have my TR3B's pitted original handles on the shelf, but the car is using modern reproductions. These parts, at least for sidescreen cars, are perfectly good. No issues at all. (Except perhaps that the boot lid latch comes with Phillips screws that need to be changed to slotted to look right).

Hi Mark,

the Repro 4A handles didn't have the internal locking lever on them so they were a bit limited.

I think you would need to have one in your hand and see if it did what you wanted.

At £36 could be worth a punt.

Roger

I purchased a set of repro ones for BUO and to be honest very disappointed, they feel cheap and nasty and the operation is not as good as the originals so I think I will be getting the originals to Collendade for a re chrome

ATB Graham

Thanks for replys, I have sent out a few more quote enquiries I'll let you know how I get on.

First quote was near enough £200 , but like Roger say for £36 might be worth a look first.

Neil which supplier did you use, quality control may be a little different 10 years ago.

Graham can I ask where you purchased yours.

Thanks Mark

Edited by Mark69

Thanks for replys, I have sent out a few more quote enquiries I'll let you know how I get on.

First quote was near enough £200 , but like Roger say for £36 might be worth a look first.

Neil which supplier did you use, quality control may be a little different 10 years ago.

Graham can I ask where you purchased yours.

Thanks Mark

Mark mine came from Moss

ATB Graham

I had one from TR Shop a couple of weeks ago and it looked OK to me.

Stuart.

£200 for a set of handles, it was chrome you said not gold! Someone is having a laugh!