Hi all,

Can anyone advise how to free up the heater direction flap under the dashboard of a TR6 please.

I meant to look at this while I had the gearbox out recently, but forgot!..

Not sure how much this is meant to move.. but it moves just a little using the heater knob, but then seems to jam / stop for some reason..

Any suggestions would be very helpful..

Thanks in advance..

Richard

The flap is usually very loose, its more likely to be the cable seized.

Stuart.

Maybe the carpet on the tunnel is stopping it opening more? It does on mine, and I think before next winter I will have to cut a piece of the carpet out.

Mike

Your carpet must be very loose then as there is normally enough clearance as the flap doesnt come down that far when in the interior heat position.

Stuart.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.. Sounds like I need to get under there and take a proper look.. Will check the cable to see if that has seized, or if there are any obstructions..

Thanks again.. And enjoy your trip Mike!

Cheers

Richard

I think the flap is operated by a steel wire, not exactly a cable.

Compared to a cable, composed of thin strands, a steel wire better accepts forward and backward's movement. Maybe it was shortened in the past and limits the angle of the flap lever track.. ;)

Havn't been under the dash for some time, this what I remember..... -_-