Hello

My TR4 generally runs well, however occasionally when I put my foot down to accelerate from low revs the car hesitates as if it is going to stall, once the revs pick up it runs fine. This generally happens once the car is hot and when I am in 2nd gear and is very disconcerting as it is as if the car is going to stall. The car is running on a pair of HS6s and manifold from a TR4A, has a tubular exhaust manifold and a stock distributor and fuel pump. Anyone experienced similar symptoms who can point me in the direction of where to start looking for the issue?

Thanks

Myles

Myles, Try putting a thicker oil in the carbs' dashpots: engine oil, perhaps with a viscosty improver such as STP. There could be other issues but that is the easiest to try. Peter

Also check the vacuum advance\ retard is working, with the dizzy cap off you should see the plate move if you suck on the pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your advice on my issue - Well the hesitation went to a full stop last night stranding me on the side of the road. After a bit of trouble shooting turns out the issue was the rotor arm which is annoying as I had a spare known good one in the boot... Looks like I'll be ordering another one from the distributor doctor (who hadn't supplied the faulty one btw).