I decided to replace the trailing arm bushes on my six, not due to any symptoms of wear, but purely, as to my knowledge they have been on for at least 25years. Previous posts concerning the poor quality of rubber components had focused my mind and consequently I chose SuperPro poly items as replacements.

Obviously I needed to "destroy" the old ones to remove them. What a shock, apart from the damage caused by their removal, they looked in virtually perfect condition.

The real purpose of this post was just to mention that the old bushes had the name "Metzeler" embossed on the flanges; are they still in business and do they still produce these items. It might be worth anyone thinking of undertaking this job, making some enquiries.

Thanks Jerry but I remember Roger's earlier post with that photo of what he found. Thankfully, mine looked really solid with no sign of impending disaster.

Again, many thanks

Allan

Hello, I think Roger's photo was of my chassis, 10 years old and bought from CTM, the only reason things went wrong, in my non-engineering background view was the lack of a plate to spread the load, be warned!!, cheers, Andrew

post-2069-0-97174800-1461871579_thumb.jpg