Heater fan switch

Thanks guys, the feet of the H frame locate ok with the floor and it looks upright, the top bracket vertical face is facing the cockpit so I assume thats the right way otherwise the frame would lean towards the engine bay...wouldn't it?

try loosening the bracket bolts and push the console backwards (towards the engine that is). Space between the top of the H frame and the dash can be very tight, you may have to use some brute force to make it fit the right way.

While on heater fan switches, I bought one from Rimmers but it's a toggle switch, and doesnt match. I was after a push/pull switch. Is there a recommended replacement switch for the heater that suits the car? Does it need to be high amps?

Regards

Steve

To overcome this problem, which occurred when I fitted a new rubber gearstick gaiter, I fitted a rotary switch. Using the original knob, one would never know the difference.

Ian Cornish

On the heater switch - I have a green and a black cable. The black (earth I assume) is connected to a white cable via a bullet connector. This white cable is coming from above the fan somewhere, out of a black sheath. Another white cable also comes out of the same black sheath, but is not connected to anything. Anybody know what this is for?

Dave

====