Register Shop - Penrite Gearbox GB40 Oil

Hi everyone

Penrite GB 40 is often recommended on here for gearboxes, as is their 20/60 Classic engine oil - this latter product is stocked by the TRR shop at a good price of £27.00 for 5 litres, but the gearbox oil isn't - anyone know why it isn't stocked?

Other sources for the g/box oil almost all seem to start at £30 upwards for 5 litres plus typically £6-7 for P&P - Classic 20/60 engine oil seems to be at the same sort of price level, so it would seem reasonable to assume the cost to the TRR of GB40 would be similar and then we could all take advantage of a good discount.

Anyone know a good source for GB40 at a similarly competitive price?

Also, as Penrite are sponsors of various TRR initiatives, why can't the shop stock more of their products?

Just an observation!

cheers

Rich

Hi Rich

Penrite have indeed sponsored lots of TRR initiatives and invested significantly in the Triumph brand, TRs particularly, in the past, viz branded oil and Classic Le Mans sponsorship and IWE seminars.

It all seemed to fall apart last year around the time of the 2015 IWE when their UK manager moved to MIllers Oils, and I think you will find Millers are sponsoring Paul Hogan and his Le Mans entry in 2016.

Perhaps Wayne Scott, or Allan Westbury know what the current commercial relationship is between Penrite, Millers, and the TRR?

Hi everyone

Penrite GB 40 is often recommended on here for gearboxes, as is their 20/60 Classic engine oil - this latter product is stocked by the TRR shop at a good price of £27.00 for 5 litres, but the gearbox oil isn't - anyone know why it isn't stocked?

Other sources for the g/box oil almost all seem to start at £30 upwards for 5 litres plus typically £6-7 for P&P - Classic 20/60 engine oil seems to be at the same sort of price level, so it would seem reasonable to assume the cost to the TRR of GB40 would be similar and then we could all take advantage of a good discount.

Also, as Penrite are sponsors of various TRR initiatives, why can't the shop stock more of their products?

Just an observation!

cheers

Rich

Classic oils in Aylesbury always stock Penrite gear 40.

The oil gets dispatched direct from the stockists in Lydney so it would only be a case of negotiating the discount levels rather than the office carrying extra stock.

Edited by Drewmotty
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Just an observation!

cheers

Rich

Good news - just been advised by Jo from TRR that they can now supply 5 Litres of Penrite GB40 gearbox oil at £29.95 delivered - also other Penrite products are going to be available, details of which should appear in the "Shop" section shortly.

Credit where it's due, but having raised this with the TRR, they have responded very positively, so well done to all concerned.

Cheers

Rich

5 Litres of Penrite GB40 gearbox oil at £29.95 delivered -

Cheers

Rich

Hmmmm, wonder if that includes delivery to Canada?

Graeme

Graeme - I somehow doubt it!

Good point, I should have made it clear, as far as I am aware, delivery is included to normal UK postcodes, but you could ask the shop - maybe if Penrite have a distributorship in BC, it could be supplied from there - if you don't ask, you can be sure........

Cheers

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

i have just ordered myself a 5L from the TR shop.... can i use this in the diff too....? sorry if its a stupid question....!

Nick