Am just rebuilding the heaterbox at the moment. Matrix is fine and holding water with no leaks and fan spins perfectly when connected to an old battery. I do have one question though.

On the inside of the diverter flap (assume that's what it's called) the paint finish (whats left of it) seems very mottled or even a softish substance is attached. Is this correct and if so does anyone know what it is?

Does it make any difference ? I though it may be to sop condensation as it must get warm and then cold air...etc...etc...

Any ideas or should I just satin black it like the rest?

Ta.

Seal. Important so that air is only drawn through the matrix and diverted to foot and dash vents as required. I used industrial type window/draught seal, more substantial than the DIY type and will hopefully last longer. My heater and demist work well despite the poor reputation of 4A heaters.

Alan.

HI Alan, thank you. Yes I see the bits of seal required for the actual housing which I will replace. I have ordered a new set of grommets and a foam ring too.

It's the actual diverter flap I am looking at, the flap that opens and closes to divert the air either down into the cabin or up into the heater tubes.

It seems to have a 'funny' coating on it and not just flat paint. I have flatted it back and will just satin black it. It can't be seen once on the car anyway. It's just I thought it may be like that to prevent condensation a bit like

anti condensation paint but I'm probably overthinking it.....