Fuel pump wiring and relay

Just for something to do I'm going to fit a fuel pump relay in the boot. Fortunately when I trimmed the car I'd run some sleeving in and put a draw wire in. The question is though where do I pick up the live feed from? The positive lead has all the spare spade terminals used. So that leaves the back of the starter motor but to me that seems a bit untidy. Is there a positive lead available with more (large size) spade terminals fitted or will I have to go for one of those fancy battery terminals with the extra connections?

Consider adding a 150640 from a pre '73 TR6. Just needs a short bit of heavy cable with a 9.5 Lucar female at each end to connect to your battery cable connector.

http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/product_display.asp?ProductID=150640

Peter W

Where should the impact/inertia switch (or tachometric relay: see http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/56389-tachymetric-relay-modern-substitute-for-an-impact-switch/)go?

In the always live, direct battery cable to the pump, or in the control wire from the ignition to the pump relay?

John

John

A tachometric relay has both! A permanent feed from the battery and a switched live. So I suppose it would all be down to where the best location is.

Edited by daven

Daven

Im not keen on the relay in the boot area due to the petrol tank being there (This has been covered a few times), I rewired the fuel pump and sited the relay in the engine compartment, i also installed a second relay beside it just incase it ever failed.

IMG_1099_zpsfpp3vjz8.jpg