Can anyone recommend a source of good quality (strong) carpet clips.

I find that the tri-pointed thin metal part that pierces through the carpet is just not robust enough to keep locked to its counterpart on the reverse side.

Admit to using ones via eBay - so maybe thats the problem, but dont really want to start trying every one on the market if others have been through this.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Norman

Norman

To be honest, when I fitted new carpet and saw the flimsy looking 3 point clips supplied by TRGB, like you, I was concerned about their suitability.

But, having fitted them, they have been fine . . . Fit and forget for the past 2 years

I have used the moss ones for years and find okay.If you have underfelt (good practice) then raise the cup part up by adding a few washers between floor and cup.This will enable you to clip it all in easily. Works for me.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

.If you have underfelt (good practice)

Not if it gets wet.

Woolies clips work fine BTW.

Stuart.

The key with these clips is to install them correctly using a block of wood to support the back of the clip while you bend over the prongs as tightly as you can. When undoing the clips to remove the carpet, slide a broad-bladed screwdriver between the male and female parts to separate them rather than yanking on the carpet.

Stan

I have no clips on my carpets ? They do not seem to move (even with the foil backed underlay), are they a necessity ?

I have no clips on my carpets ? They do not seem to move (even with the foil backed underlay), are they a necessity ?

On a sidescreen car you only need them on the front carpets but you may still have the grip clips on the toe boards that do stop a lot of movement. What you need to watch is the drivers one going forward and bunching under the pedals.

Stuart.

Thanks everyone - great tips to follow - replacements from Woolies, Moss or TRGB, a block of wood and some washers.

Where else could you find such know-how!

Norman

I seem to recall on a Mini I once owned the fasteners that the carpets clipped to were similar to TR ones but were deeper which allowed them to stay on better if under felt is fitted. They used the same carpet clips.

Not managed to find them anywhere.

I seem to recall on a Mini I once owned the fasteners that the carpets clipped to were similar to TR ones but were deeper which allowed them to stay on better if under felt is fitted. They used the same carpet clips.

Not managed to find them anywhere.

I added them in years ago to the Moss catalogue

item 7 pt no 611845. http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/underfelt-carpet-fittings.html

I can not imagine why Moss have them back ordered as they are a doddle to CNC manufacture. They were available in both aluminium and black plastic.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT