Hi

Welcome to the forum

Try contacting the DVLA, for a fiver, they will send you some details of PO's;

Name

Address (when they owned the car)

It's a start

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered the previous owner was David Hindley from the Wigan area, does anyone know him.If so please let him know I would appreciate getting in touch, no hassle about the car , totally satisfied a credit to him,

Regards,

Might be stating the obvious but do TRGB not know?

I am sure they know who they purchased the car from & the V5C usually shows current owner & previous. If they purchased and registered the car in their name then the previous owners name and address would appear bottom front of the doc. they received. If they did not register (usual for a dealer) then they would have had current and previous owner on the V5C they got from the seller.

Dealers usually keep detailed records/copies of paperwork.

Thanks Steve we met at the Alma recently and you are correct TRGB did have the info on the document, but he had moved house at the time of sale, So I thought I would try through the register as he was a member when he owned the car.

Regards,

Hi Duncan

Did not realise it was you!

Have sent you a PM

Steve