Adjustable front AVO dampers

Hi all

Upgraded to twin valve lever arms on my tr4. To my mind the front seems a little under damped now compared to the rear. I have adjustable AVO front shocks but not sure how to adjust them. Internet talks about a "4mm allen key tool" but cant really see how to get at the adjuster without dismantling part of the front suspension. Is there a special tool? Is more dampng at the front a good idea? Handling is pretty good in my view, far more stable in the turns and far better after hard driving for a few miles. Its just the ride seems to pitch backwards and forwards a bit more since I fitted the twin valves. Should I run with the new dampers a bit longer before doing anything at all?

Bob

Hi Bob,

I have AVO adjustable on the front, when I fitted them I made sure the Allen key socket was accessible through the spring coils, and not facing the wheel or engine. The socket is near the bottom of the damper. You can get the damper out and have a good look at it without disturbing the spring.

My AVOs are set on the slightly softer side, and work well (for me).

Mike

Thanks Mike. The adjusters on mine face forwards but looks tricky to get the allen key at them given the postion of the spring coils. However at least I know its simply a 4mm allen key so I'll give it a go and if not, take off the damper.

Regards

Bob