Fuel return pipe routing PI

Can anyone help me, I'm trying to replace the bent and twisted metal fuel return pipe item 77 (Part No. 217833) on my 1972 CP TR6 that runs from the right angled hose of the top of the tank throught the floor connecting to the return pipe under the car.

In the Moss catalogue it shows 2 clips item 86 (059380) that clip the pipe to the boot surround. My car doesn't have these clips, so can anyone tell me where they should go and how the fuel return pipe should be formed around the back of the tank?

If anyone has any pictures of this area that would be great.

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/fuel-system-induction-controls/tanks-pumps-pipes/fuel-system-tr6-from-c-cp50001.html

The reason for changing the pipe is that I tipped the tank back into the boot the other week to change the fuel sender that wasn't working and I have kinked the fuel return pipe so now the car only runs for 30 -50 seconds before it stops because the fuel can't return to the tank. One job always leads to another!

Regards

Justin

Hi Justin,

Just removed my tank the other day so have taken this pic for you. Only one clip in the boot area on mine though?

Regards

Roger

post-13886-0-62698900-1459513708_thumb.jpg

Thanks Roger.

I will be in the garage this evening so I will have a look to see if there is any other holes or marks to show where the pipe goes but at least now I have somewhere to start from.

Regards

Justin