Guys I spend far to much time surfing the internet ……..no not those sort of sites :wacko: and I have come across another one of those little anomalies that might save you some cash if you are in the market for a set of Hawk HPS brake pads. If you go to the Cambridge motor sport main site http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/partsxx/hb169f560a set of HPS's for your 6 will cost you a whopping £92.24 a set inc shipping and VAT.

However if you go to http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172150549432you can buy the same set of pads for £69.95 delivered Oh and the supplier………………..Cambridge Motorsport.

I was going BIG on BUO's rebuild and going to have a set of nice shinny four pots and vented discs, but reading through various threads it would appear that, if you have the budget go for it, but they might possibly be a bit to much for my needs, and after my initial enthusiasm at the triumph spares day the budget is dwindling so a few of the bits on the want (rather than need) list have had to go so refurbed callipers, braided hoses a set of Hawk pads and a set of these, http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/brake-system/front-brakes/ebc-turbo-grooved-brake-discs.html, it is for me.

ATB Graham

Edited by Graham

The recommended discs from TR Enterprises were even better value & with Mintex 1144 pads that combination is what they recommend for standard/fast road use. Good enough for me.

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, Will said:

Jochem,

If you wish, why not open the later Caliper holes up and use 1/4” pins.

Not my preferred option. I bought Hawk HPS and will install them and see how they fit/work. 

Jochem

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, RogerH said:

Hi Jochem, 

the pins stop the pads flying out. having slightly larger holes will not cause an issue.

If the holes in the pads are too close a fit on the pin you may get squealing.

After a day on the racetrack the pads with larger holes do no cause any issues and can be installed on calipers with smaller pins.

Jochem

1 hour ago, JochemsTR said:

After a day on the racetrack the pads with larger holes do no cause any issues and can be installed on calipers with smaller pins.

Jochem

Glad to hear this as I have just got round to fitting mine yesterday, followed the bedding instruction to the letter and I'm really impressed in the improvement. Couple of points I noticed the pads are actually thinner than the OEM spec ones that I removed (the pad material ) and I get a very slight BTC Touring car 'esque' squeal on breaking now, but I can live with that given the braking improvement 

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi Graham,

are you using the anti-squeal shims or PTFE sticky pads on the back of your new pads?

Roger

They didn't come with either just a pack of grease and instructions to coat the back of the pad so thats what I did, but your right if they squeal I probably needed to fit anti squeal shims ! 

I fitted new hawk hps last weekend along with refurbed callipers.  I reused the old shims, and used the red grease that they came with. After bedding them in, I had a very slight squeal but this has now gone. They are now silent. Performance is pretty good. 

Cheers

dave