Phos bronze clutch release bearing carrier

Has any one else had problems with the phos bronze carrier. Got one delivered yesterday and it does not fit over the shaft. It is about 0.010" small compared with the old cast one.

I can get it machined out but I will be having a word with Moss first

Any idea on a clearance required or shall I just match the old one

Hi

I brought one from moss couple years back after having trouble with a new steel one dragging making heavy clutch. The bronze one from moss had a smaller internal dia than the original one so I had it machined out and polished (had access to facilities so didn't both returning it) now works fine

Regards Richard

Yes, I recently got one from Moss for my TR250 and it doesn't fit! It will need machining but I don't know what the clearance should be.

I thought I had received a rogue one but obviously it is just the Moss standards!

Cheers

Graeme

Dear All,

This fault s/b be high lighted back to Moss and the TR QA Team otherwise it will not be rectified?

Remember Moss has no Goods Inwards Inspection, US the customer does that for them!!!!!!! When we get parts that don't fit or work!

Regards,

Bruce.

Dear All,

This fault s/b be high lighted back to Moss and the TR QA Team otherwise it will not be rectified?

Remember Moss has no Goods Inwards Inspection, US the customer does that for them!!!!!!! When we get parts that don't fit or work!

Regards,

Bruce.

Should be the manufacturer no one else.

Alan.

Barry,

If it helps at all, last October I fitted a Revington bronze carrier together with their recommended release bearing and went from snatchy horrible heavy clutch to smooth light(ish) clutch movement with no problems on fitting or size.

Very pleased with the product.

Jim

Barry,

If it helps at all, last October I fitted a Revington bronze carrier together with their recommended release bearing and went from snatchy horrible heavy clutch to smooth light(ish) clutch movement with no problems on fitting or size.

Very pleased with the product.

Jim

+ 1

Ooh nice pic Jim.

As per post #2 make sure you haven't received a TR4 carrier.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Although the TR4 carrier is slightly different for the release bearing, the internal diameter should be the same as TR4A/TR250. The gearbox nose is the same casting, just machined to a different length.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi

Bought a phosphorous bronze carrier from TR Bitz about 2 years ago now and changed my clutch last year and its wonderfully smooth and light although I did use an NOS Laycock clutch assembly as well. John Sykes had these remade and judging by my experience it fitted well and performs as it should.

Alan

Have you got the correct gearbox fitted? Tr6 boxes have a different input shaft to 2500pl

Have you got the correct gearbox fitted? Tr6 boxes have a different input shaft to 2500pl

Yes, you are correct but the g/box nose is the same diameter on both cars and this is where the release bearing runs.

Cheers

Graeme

Gentlemen, I have also fitted the Revington phosphor bronze carrier with their uprated (Toyo I believe) release bearing and along with other remedial work whilst the box was out has transformed the clutch mechanism.

Best Regards, Peter