Front susupension with SuperPro/Superflex bushes advice please.

Hi All

So i'm in the middle of major suspension referb/upgrade and need advice please.

1. Top wishbone assebly, are washers required on the inside of the fulcrum pin when fitting these bushes?

2. Should I be using nylocs or castellated nuts and split pins for fixing wishbone to fulcrum pin, and in either case what torque settings should I have with these bushes?

3. Lower wishbone to trunnion assembly with the same polybushes, washers are required between polybushes and trunnion and on the outside before the castellated nut and split pin. What torque setting for this?

4. Lower wishbone inner to chassis bracket I assume no washers inside the bracket as the bush is very snug anyway and the steel tube inside must dictate how much compression is on the bush. Again what torque settings are required.

The torque settings in the haynes manual presumably relate to rubber bushes hence my question?

I have torqued the inner lower wishbone to chassis brackets to 45 ft/lb and they are quite stiff? Is that correct?

Much appreciate any advice and Happy Easter to all.

Tim

Edited by TR Tim

I usually take the approach of refitting whatever came off unless it's obviously wrong. So if it had split pins & castle nuts along with washers I'd probably refit those.

It's almost impossible to get a torque wrench in there given that they should be tightened up at static ride height, so just give them the appropriate grunt on the correct spanner and that will be fine.

If there is a torque given, I can't see that the type of bush would affect it given that the torque relates to the nut & bolt combination.

The trunnion bush is fine as nylon and doesn't need poly anyway. I once tried some polybushes for this and it locked the suspension at anything over finger tight.

Jerry