V8 engine back in the IMSA car

Was a long time waiting, collecting parts, manufacturing parts, repairing parts (if possible) but finally the engine is back where its belong to.

Maybe on Friday I can start it up. Need to wait until my wife is shopping to make noise and bother the neighbors.

• 4 weeks later...

Here the first try on a race track. Still not setup well. Too stiff rear swaybar setting. Easy laps for warming up the tires.

• 1 month later...

After the clutch slave disaster at Hockenheim all is repaired and makes noise again.

and I've bought a special filter for the camera to enhence the outside view:

I'm still not happy about the temperatures of the engine so I've looked around and found many race engines with 1:1 ratio between crank pulley and water pump pulley.

My pump currently is underdriven 0,81.

I make the pulley on the pump a little smaller to speed it up, maybe this helps to cool the car.

13233118_1039522646082909_90848591645445

Edited by MadMarx
  • 3 weeks later...

I suppose the right wheel does spin out of the corners....so I thought I make a little sketch of the diff to see how it operates:

13350466_1048944795140694_79535406730424

• 1 year later...