Finding a good Rear Indicator

Has anyone found a good orange indicator for the rear. I do not want to drill the body, and if nothing else, I will fit a round orange indicator, on a bracket off the rear Overider support, but I would like something shaped, near the outboard of the overider area, ideally.

Thanks John, good thought about motorcycle lights. I have had many people complain about the red rear flashing light, even been told one of my brake lights was not working when I was flashing.

You have made me think of fitting two reversing chrome lights, with orange bulbs, they may look like normal reversing lights, when not used? Chris

I recall the racetorations car at Malvern has an extra set of the round lucas rear lamps in (what was) the spare wheel cover - but may have been reverse / fog rather than indicator

In modern traffic, the TR2 trafficator system is hopeless. I recall an (ex-) girlfriend telling me that in 1964, and I fitted TR3-style trafficators into the rear - a bit of a bodge as I didn't reshape the metalwork, but they made the car visible.

If trafficators are not obvious, there's a real risk that the rear of the car will be re-shaped anyway!

Ian Cornish

Tried Reversing lights, they looked poor, now fitting orange lights off rear Over rider bracket. Wiring the old flasher red lights into the brake light circuit, this will put all three lights on when I brake.

I wanted to still use the 21watt bulbs as loading on Flasher canister, all the motorcycle lights were LED or lower wattage , and a dimmer light would not cure the visibility problem.

Edited by ts1144

Hi Chris,

Like you on my car TS1067 I found that many drivers simply didn't understand flashing red indicators and only one brake light. I drive my car all over Europe, as far down as Italy, and wanted some confidence that other road users would know my intentions.

I drilled and affixed chrome motorcycle flashers to the overiders, they are close to the light clusters on each side. I have also wired the ex-indicator lamps up as brake lights and therefore under braking have three red lights now.

Additionally I have changed the centre light and side light clusters for LED, any fellow TR driver behind me always comments on how bright they are, and unusually how instant they are.

If I could ever fathom how to post a photo on here I would, but if you pm me your email address I'll gladly send you some pics, I think my additions look very, well original and in keeping with the general style of the car.

Regards Bob.