TRW Servo Check valve

Hello All,

I've discovered I have a faulty brake servo check valve (non-return valve). The servo is an aftermarket TRW item supplied via TR Shop. I've contacted TR Shop & TRW requesting a replacement but neither can help, it seems they can only supply the valve with the servo, £100+ for a check valve and spare servo that I don't need, NO THANKS!

The original valve doesn't fit the TRW servo, it's diameter is to large.

Surely there must be someone supplying replacement valves, or has any forumites came across this already and found an alternative solution?

Extremely grateful for any help.

Regards,

Richard.

Is your problem with the non return valve, or the sealing of the complete valve to the servo body?

You can get a non return valve that will screw into the manifold, not too sure which car it comes from, but I'm sure somebody on here will give the details.

John

The manifold non return valve for TR6/7/8, 2000/2.5, assorted MGs and Landies is ADU1402, there is a Land Rover alternative LKX100440 at less than half the price . . . . . google is your friend for suppliers.

Cheers

Alec

Nice one Alec, a great help!

John,

No problem with sealing, I shouldn't have said faulty, "broken" would be a more appropriate word as in it's in several pieces (probably due to bad storage on my part) and despatched to landfill/recycling a few days ago.

The manifold fixing as yourself & Alec suggest is ideal but it still leaves me with nothing to connect the hose to at the servo end.

Neil,

It was a push-in, barbs on the valve.

Richard

It occurred to me that I could split the servo casing and using a step drill enlarge the orifice to accommodate the original sized check valve, but, having had a look on the Buckeye Triumph website at the procedure for splitting the two halves....I don't think I'll bother, looks a nightmare of a job!

Richard.

Richard--

Opening a servo that is relatively new might not be that bad. It does take a special "wrench", but that is pretty easy to make.

Alternatively, you could weld a threaded bung to the hole and use an external check valve.

Ed

Richard

Bad form from them both and :angry: then remove the servo hold upside down and use your step drill.

There's no guarantee that all the swarf would be removed, far too dangerous.

I think the solution would be to fit the correct size of this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-90-Degree-Connectors-Joiner-Hose-Pipe-Tube-Silicone-Rubber-/200963328389?var=&hash=item2eca590985:m:mJCXfUQpYwNiEaNiHzWrP7g and the manifold mounted check valve previously suggested by Alec.

Thanks to all for your helpful input.

Richard.