Original TR2/3/3a Bill Piggott

Amazon are offering a couple of used copies at vastly differing prices.

How many of you would reckon it would be worth reprinting this title. There's always a possibility the rights could be bought back from MBI.

By the way, Bill is at work on a new sidescreen TR book for us – reckon it could be something rather special.

Ed Herridge

By the way, Bill is at work on a new sidescreen TR book for us – reckon it could be something rather special.

Maybe, but I wonder how much more can be written about our cars that hasn't already been written by Bill, Graham, Roger et al?

But I guess there will always be a market for information for our newer members.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

I was after this book for months and missed out on eBay a few times when the price went to about £70.00. Eventually I swallowed hard and got it for £55.00 from eBay in the States.

I suggest if you want one bad enough, find one in the States and then stay up till 3am to bid for it! I must get a life!

Devs

You could check Rob Nobel Motoring books in Gouda, The Netherlands. (Gouda is situated in the middle of the triangle Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht).

Click on 'onze catalogus' (= our catalog), then click on 'Triumph TR Series' (obvious!) and then click on 'Algemene Boeken' (= general books). Then there's a list which you can choose from.

The Original Triumph TR 2/3/3A/3B is on the list and costs 33.00 Euros. Although the discription of the content is in Dutch, it also says that the book is in English. ('Engels' in Dutch).

I think it's wise to send Rob an email, or give him a ring to check it first. His English is good and is always willing to help.

Menno

Hi Menno

A bit late for me as I was the "enthusiast" who snapped up the ebay copy at only 4 times it's cover price.

I don't regret it as I'd been trying to get a copy for 18 months, and it's essential reading.

Your information may help others, I suggest they check it's still available and the text is in English. I nearly bought a copy off Abebooks which was in Dutch or German.

Listen chaps, my attention has been drawn to this correspondence so it's time that I as the author set out the position concerning this totally unobtainable book( Even I only have one copy...)

The book has been out of print for at least 2 years, much against my will. There is clearly a huge pent up demand but the rights to Original TR2/3/3A rest with MBI in the USA as a result of the sale of all the old Bay View titles tto MBI in 1999...I had nothing to do with this sale....MBI have promised me a reprint for 2 years now...it was last promised for Spring 2006 but it hasn't materialised....now they won't even answer my correspondence at all!!!!!!!

As the Author I understand that if the owner of the rights refuses to reprint then the author can request that the rights revert to the author, allowing the author have a reprint commissioned himself...if this is possible, I intend to do exactly that and in due course to produce an updated edition of a book that should never have been allowed to go out of print....it may take some time though, so you'll have to go on paying silly prices for a while yet....sorry, chaps, but it ain't my fault......Bill Piggott

Bill,

What a shame. I, too, am looking for your book.

Recently an aquaintance of mine, who was an MBI employee, passed away. He was agreat guy AND a British car enthusiast, too. I have a hunch that, if he had known of this problem, he would have had a bit of influence on getting a reprint done. But it's too late...

Occasionally I drive past MBI's office....maybe I should stop and "strongarm" them a bit...hahaha!

Good luck...and thank you for your devotion to our cars.

Rick

Edited by Yankee TR
  • 2 months later...
.......3 second hand copies from £182.00 - £204.00. The world has gone mad!!! (or the people on it).

Nigel

Blimey! :o:blink:

See: http://www.amazon.ca/Original-Triumph-TR2-...6995908-0684023

CDN$ 762.34 = £335.96

Yes Nigel, the world AND the people on it HAVE gone mad!

Happy and a prosperous (particularly for Amazon) New Year to all

Cheers

Andrew

Anybody want a well thumbed copy for £300.00 (plus postage of course). For this price I will sell mine and wait for Bills new copy. :rolleyes: It will almost get me a set of alloy wheels. ;)

Nigel

I like the Amazon bit, another car I shouldn't have sold, still there we go. Still waiting for Alec's reply on the other thread.

Edited by Nigel Lay
My copy is signed by Bill Piggott (No. 205 of 300) and is dated June 1998 when he visited TRA in Cumberland Gap, Maryland, USA. It's not for sale but it must be worth about $1000.00 CDN.

Hi Don,

I managed to get one on eBay a few weeks ago - just under £50. As new.

Guess that was a bargain - even signed by the man himself, but not numbered.

Alan R