Hola, submitted to your sagacity is a pair of GB which I need to identify on pics. The one on the right side is 4/A but what about the one one left side? The visual differences are the gear lever (straight) and a smaller bulge on the housing. The tail is stamped 301258.

TR3? Both 3/4?

Thanks

post-11469-0-61526700-1457597599_thumb.jpg

post-11469-0-97691500-1457597684_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geko

Check the numbers on the left side of the main casing in the case of earlier gearboxes and the thickness of the front flange.

Stuart.

Check the numbers on the left side of the main casing in the case of earlier gearboxes and the thickness of the front flange.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, I would surely do so if the GBs were in front of me but I only have the above pics...

Hola, submitted to your sagacity is a pair of GB which I need to identify on pics. The one on the right side is 4/A but what about the one one left side? The visual differences are the gear lever (straight) and a smaller bulge on the housing. The tail is stamped 301258.

TR3? Both 3/4?

Thanks

Looking at the casings - The Left one in the pic is 3 synchro TR2/3 - with straight gearstick. The right one in the pic is 4 synchro from TR4-6 with bent gear stick. Both are non overdrive

Peter W

TR3? Both 3/4?

Thanks

Stef,

I have now had a very close look at the two photos on a desktop computer and amend my comment about the RH box. It looks to have a narrow flange on the bell housing at the top - This would make it TR3B -TR4, early TR4A - Still a 4 synchro non overdrive TR unit by the look of it - To be absolutely sure we need to look in the bell housing at the clutch shaft size.

Peter W