Flywheel brass bush

Just another quick question as I am now starting to put the clutch and gearbox back together.

I am using a clutch aligning tool but it is a sloppy fit into the brass bush on the flywheel which makes the aligning up a bit difficult, presume it is worn as it does not look that round. It is also loose in the fly wheel

I can see the bushes are not dear to buy but how easily are they changed and does it actually do anything once all assembled

Thank you

Barry

put your finger in the bush and pull they normally come out, yes change it a clutch plate slightly out of alignment can be a pig when fitting the gearbox, and yes it does do something!

errr. Yes once you have removed the flywheel.

Renew it if the hole is sloppy on the shaft spigot

Peter W

PS There are two different length items with the same bore - The more common is the shorter version 151213 http://www.leacyclassics.com/151213.html

The earlier type 47246 is longer and used TR2-6 (1969) http://www.leacyclassics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=47246&cat=

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Bugger. Was hoping not to have to take the fly wheel off. Will I need a puller for this ?

Thanks Peter and John

Can I just clarify John do you mean dowel pin rather than bolt or are we talking close tolerance bolts

Thanks

Barry

Bugger. Was hoping not to have to take the fly wheel off. Will I need a puller for this ?

No just 4 bolts (more if someone has modified) If you think someone might have balanced the bottom end then mark the clutch cover and the flywheel so you refit in exactly the same orientation (sometimes cover & flywheel are number stamped to ensure this) I also mark the clutch cover bolts so they go back in the same place) or if you have genuine factory bolts you may find they are all individually numbered anyway!

Alan

No just 4 bolts (more if someone has modified) If you think someone might have balanced the bottom end then mark the clutch cover and the flywheel so you refit in exactly the same orientation (sometimes cover & flywheel are number stamped to ensure this) I also mark the clutch cover bolts so they go back in the same place) or if you have genuine factory bolts you may find they are all individually numbered anyway!

Alan