TR6 on LPG possible ??

Hello,

I am living in the Netherlands where LPG is 3 times cheaper than petrol. And because a tr6 uses much petrol, I'm thinking of making it possible to drive on LPG. Has anyone experiences with this ? I think it should be possible, but I am also curious where to put the lpg tank.

Thanks,

greetz, Richard

I once had a Triumph Dolomite 1850 on LPG during several years as a daily driver. It was very cheap to run of course and the LPG system (VIALLE?) worked very well. The Dolomite had 2 HS6 SU carbs, just like a TR6, so It should be very well possible to install it on a TR6, but I'm afraid the boot is the only option to install the LPG tank?

You could remove the fuel tank and replace it by a LPG tank.

If I remember well in France cars were only allowed to have an LPG " OR"  a gas tank, not both.

With the modern systems starting should be no problem anymore. In case of, you could add a 10 liter gas tank.

There are now LPG tanks available in different shapes, like flat and circular, so the spare wheel bay is also an option.

Jean