Mechanic help required

Hi

Im based in the Maidenhead / Windsor area and have seen a Leyland White TR6 for sale here that is located in Stourbridge

I would like to engage with a mechanic who could look over the car and give me an honest opinion as to any issues the car has and the condition of the car and any problems that may be forthcoming please

Im happy to pay for your time and could meet you there this weekend if possible

Many thanks

Mark

07786 377197

I'm not a mechanic so can't help.... Although if you don't find a mechanic and would settle for an enthusiastic owner I'm not far away!

Good luck with the viewing/purchase Mark.

Steve

Mark. If it of any help you are quite welcome to view my car, currently off the road and supported on a lifter.

Langley....so just up the road from you!

I'm not a mechanic so can't help.... Although if you don't find a mechanic and would settle for an enthusiastic owner I'm not far away!

Good luck with the viewing/purchase Mark.

Steve

+ 1 and I'm in Maidenhead too - I have a TR6 and currently re-building a TR5 - would be glad to help - PM me for phone no. etc

Best Bill

Hi Mark,

You could try Simon Andrews of Worcester Classic Cars, he is an expert on TRs, 01905 345805.

A nice knowledgeable chap, he inspected my 4A down in Dorset for me before I bought it. He gave me his opinion and the potential costs of work that was necessary. Stourbridge is near to Worcester.

Graham

Hi , thanks for all the generous replies

My initial call was to John Cowley as is the nearest guy. unfortunately he is really busy and cannot fit it in for at least 2 weeks and then is of to Australia

The car is for sale privately on the TR register http://www.tr-register.co.uk/classified/0012/1970-Triumph-TR6pi-150bhp

Ill give Simon Andrews a call later

Mark,

That looks to be a really good car which has had a lot spent on it, take one of the chaps who have offered to look at it,and hopefully then buy it.

Hi Mark,

If I can be of any assistance in undertaking an inspection on the car for you I will be happy to do so.

I live approx 8 miles from Stourbridge and I have been a Register member since 1974 and i have rebuilt a number of TR's from TR2 to TR6.

over the last 40+ years.

I can be contacted on 07968391849.

Mike Hazlewood.

Hi Mark,

I always use Deftera motors in Windsor (in the arches) for my MOT. The owner has been there for ever and runs a Morris Minor traveller as his everyday car. He is always pragmatic about any minor issues - e.g. he just replaced a dodgy bulb without charging me when it was the only issue last time round - some wouldn't.

He only does MOT's so he won't try and convince you to carry out unnecessary work.

http://www.deftera-mot-centre.co.uk/

I have used JY Classics at Little Kingshill for any major work - there's also Beech Hill Garage on the A4 near Reading that I've been meaning to try - might be worth a look?

Regards,

Michael