Replacement brake disks

I need to replace the front brake disks on my 1962 TR4 and wonder if there is any advantage in using cross drilled and groves, geomet finished or just standard disks for road use car? I am also thinking of using green stuff brake pads and possibly matching these with green stuff brake shoes on the rear drums. Can anyone offer some advice?

I have just ordered from TR Enterprises their recommendation of plain discs & Mintex 1144 pads for my uprated TR4 after much deliberation!

Not fitted yet but they were a reasonable price & I have been a little disappointed with Green stuff on my 4A.

I have just ordered from TR Enterprises their recommendation of plain discs & Mintex 1144 pads for my uprated TR4 after much deliberation!

Not fitted yet but they were a reasonable price & I have been a little disappointed with Green stuff on my 4A.

+1 for this combination for anything other than out and out competition...oh and they stop well on the road when cold.

Mick Richards

+1, this works fine on my uprated TR4A, although I have ordered the Geomet discs for my TR250. I believe it helps prevent corrosion.

Graeme

+1 for this combination for anything other than out and out competition...oh and they stop well on the road when cold.

Mick Richards

Thanks for that confirmation Mick.