TR4A Rebuild - Fuel Pipe

Hi All

I'm renewing the pipe runs along the chassis, have sorted the brake line and now pondering about the fuel line.

Any thoughts/advice as to what to use for the fuel line i.e copper or hose and what diameter?

The existing is 'rubber' hose that would presumably have replaced the original steel pipe. If hose, what is the proper method of attaching to the chassis member.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

www.moss-europe.co.uk , if you search their website for TR4A and Fuel Tank,Pipe and Pump you will see the standard set up for the fuel line.

You'd need 1 x clip, pipe to hose bracket No 130882 and 4 x clip ,pipe to chassis frame No 059191. 1x clip, pipe to frame either 611793 or 616312,1 x clip No 133072, 1 x insulator No 1330083 , 2x grommet No CD23720 where the fuel goes through the chassis.

Double check what you have already , what you'd get in the Automec kit ,etc and then purchase the missing bits.

One other thought , I'd wished I 'd thought of , incorporating an " in line fuel cut off switch " close to the tank end of the line .When working on the replacement of the fuel pump , it would save draining down the fuel tank. Of course , it's possible to just partially drain down the tank and jack the front end up high but a turn of the tap is a lot simpler. Admittedly not original if you are going down the Concours route.

Bob

Hi Dave

www.moss-europe.co.uk , if you search their website for TR4A and Fuel Tank,Pipe and Pump you will see the standard set up for the fuel line.

You'd need 1 x clip, pipe to hose bracket No 130882 and 4 x clip ,pipe to chassis frame No 059191. 1x clip, pipe to frame either 611793 or 616312,1 x clip No 133072, 1 x insulator No 1330083 , 2x grommet No CD23720 where the fuel goes through the chassis.

Double check what you have already , what you'd get in the Automec kit ,etc and then purchase the missing bits.

One other thought , I'd wished I 'd thought of , incorporating an " in line fuel cut off switch " close to the tank end of the line .When working on the replacement of the fuel pump , it would save draining down the fuel tank. Of course , it's possible to just partially drain down the tank and jack the front end up high but a turn of the tap is a lot simpler. Admittedly not original if you are going down the Concours route.

Bob

Hi Bob

Took both yours and Rogers advice and bought the Automec kit; thanks for spending time highlighting the clips and hoses. Good point re the cut-off switch.. I'll certainly be fitting one.

Thanks once again.

David

Hi Dave,

if you mean hose as in rubber then there should be only two or three very short pieces - not the whole run.

Automec do a kit in copper and it works well that include the rubber sections.

Roger

Hi Roger

Decided to buy the Automec kit... this time I'll try and uncoil in a straight line! Did manage to avoid kinks when doing the brake lines. Suppose I should buy one of those pipe straighteners but I'm trying to avoid the expenditure cos I seem to be spending as much on tools/equipment as I am n parts!

Many thanks .... I'm an avid reader of your posts, humorous and informative!

David