Bleeding front brakes

Hi Ben, I don't get bleeding problems since I got a Gunson's Eezibleed. Are you in UK? You can get from Halfords, I believe. You need your old master cylinder screw-on cap, and it will need a hole drilled in it, similar to the suggestion you make. It will look after pressuring the system for you.let us know how you get on, please. Austin

No more than 10lbs pressure in your tyre used to pressurise the Easibleed otherwise you'll be wringing out your shirt !

Mick Richards

You could try the old tried method of pressuring the brake pedal and jamming a plank of wood to keep the pressure, against the front of the seat and leave overnight, somehow it does work.

Have you tried clamping off each calliper in turn and see if the pedal improves, this way you isolate which one is giving you the problem.

Are you really sure its the fronts, have you adjusted the rear brakes up tight first?

John

Are you sure there is still air in the system, what are the symptoms?

On my last tr6 I spent forever trying to bleed the brakes, eventually found two problems:

Slightly damaged flare on brake pipe to master cylinder, letting in just a tiny bit of air

Contaminated disks, no idea what the PO had done to them but new disks transformed the braking performance.

HTH

Steve

Ben,

Try helpers foot holding brake pedal down, open bleed screw, push slave cylinder piston back as far as it will go into its cylinder to flush air out that is trapped behind the piston. Tighten bleed screw before releasing piston.

Alan