Track day wheels

• 1 year later...

Hi Darren,

Did my first track day at Blyden in August and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just Booked Castle Coombe for 4th April, is that the one you are gong to? Do not forget to get insured, my insurers charge me £60.

For the techy experts. I too like Darren am thinking of investing in a set of miniites for track days. The pram wheels look lovely but probably not so good for track days. I bought a pair of Vredestein T-track 165/80 tyres for the W/W's but never used them. Are these appropriate for the minlites?

Thanking in advance

Simon

If by pram wheels you mean wires, i have to use these on the FIA TR2 as they did in period and a lot of very powerful historics use wires so i would not be to worried .

Roy

Hi Simon,

the T-TRac look good on the minilites but they are not racing tyres.

They are the cheap tyre in the range and ideal for everyday driving/touring.

The sprint is a better tyre but a lot more expensive

Roger

The TTrac is rated much better in the wet. Rate B vs E. for the Sprint. Other wise they appear similar for fuel (E) and noise( 70Db)

• 4 weeks later...

post-391-0-95068000-1521721790_thumb.jpg

Hi Darren - My one and only experience so far of the track day at CC (2015) Wires, standard tyres, no problem. Noise, yes she failed the noise test. Rather annoyingly I had to buy a single exhaust box and fix it to one of the end pipes with a jubilee clip. Looked daft, but she passed. Cost £60 though. The crash helmets supplied went thick and fast and I was left with one that was a teeny bit too small. I looked liked an excited gibbon !!

If your'e going to do this more often, consider buying a crash helmet. Fiona went with me and although a bit scared at first, she soon began to screeeeem. She must have really enjoyed it as well as I checked afterwards and although i didn't get any verbal reply, I did get some sort of nodding jesture

Other than that, what a great day. really enjoyed it. Great fun, but doooo take it easy until to find your feet. Don't let the red mist get to you until at least several laps and even then don't go mad. Watch out for that 1st right hander, just after the hill. Can't remember the name of the corner.

You'll love it and you'll find the limits of your own car.

best Bill

Edited by Bill Bourne