On the basis that Zircotec must be so inundated with TRR discounters to answer the phone or reply to emails, I will be sticking with the plan to go with Camcoat.

I understand the options of 2, 3 or 4 coats inside and/or out etc, but a tad confused with the Cermakrome option.

I had assumed that it was a sort of polished option for the top external coat, but the options they emailed through imply its an alternative to the above ?

I will call em later to talk through, but wondered if anyone had had the Cermakrome option ?

If not, what colour finish do the purists suggest it should be ?

TVM

ps - note that the prices quoted are circa 20% more than the website shows, e.g., website says £160 + VAT for a 4 pot manifold, but the quote emailed is £192 + VAT :o

Hi Austin,

not sure what they are offering these days but I had the one coat inside and two coats outside. The top coat being in Stainless steel.

It has been on since 2007/8 (apprx 70Kmiles) and still looks pretty.

I will give it a clean and polish before I put the engine back.

Roger

Hi,

Camcoat is excellent - better service and lower price than Zircotec. I have not used Zircotec on my TR6 so cannot offer a direct comparison of the two products, but can say that Camcoat is well up to the job.

On my extractor manifold, I went for Camcoat's suggested option of two coats & one coat (I can't remember which way round, but do remember that they had an opinion on it). The result is superb - 14K miles and 2 years later, still working as good as when new (it takes a long time for the bonnet to warm up, and the tick over at idle is much better compared to no heat lagging or with the manifold wrapped in tape).

Paul

• 2 months later...

In case anyone is wondering what a camcoat cermakrome finish looooks like ....

IMG_8962_zps8k6lpgey.jpg

£200 plus VAT for inside coat, outside coat and polished finish coat - more under-bonnet bling !

Technically there is nothing now stopping me trying to put 'BondoBitch' (nee Olde Smokey) back together.

In case I manage this by Saturday evening, could I suggest that anyone attending the SE Drive it day on Sunday take lots of spare parts, tools, patience and earplugs :angry:

ps - if I fit the exhaust with the clamp on ready but don't get round to taking the seat and tunnel out and fitting the TR4 exhaust hanger, will it be OK for a while, or will it shake to pieces ????? :wacko:

Rest assured the exhaust pipe will smack the cruciform of the chassis and the gearbox mount plate plus the first box front edge will judder against the LH diagonal chassis rail.

Unless your current run of luck holds....

Peter W

PS The shiny bunch of bananas look like fun. I trust they fitted perfectly before getting 'em blinged up. So will you be wrapping them to stop all that heat in the engine bay?