TR6 Engine For Sale - Fully Rebuilt

Bob (who has worked with me for many years) has a fully rebuilt TR6 (PI) engine for sale.... Anyone that knows him will realise that he builds a superb engine and has been doing so for many many years professionally......

The engine has been totally stripped and is in the process of being built back up as we speak. The Short Back Crank has been machined / balanced and re-ground and will be fitted with new shells etc. It is worth noting a long back crank is also available if required. At this stage you can specify camshaft etc....The pistons etc are new and have all been balanced. The block hasn't been bored out so is standard size and in perfect nick. The head has been converted to unleaded specification and the number on the head denotes TR5 / Early TR6 PI

Bob's rebuilt engine's are ultra smooth and powerful, probably around 180 bhp mated to a phoenix exhaust and manifold....

The price depends on the final spec / build to if interested please give him a call direct on 07733 962309

Cheers Mark - Classic Marks

Edited by marko

Hi

If its the same Bob who built engines for Manvers 10 years ago then my engine has done 60K travelling all over Europe for our holidays - heat of Itay & south of France & of course the Stelvio ( well that's a different story had to change the plugs when we came down)

Engine built for 180hp but running on pi rolling road showed 163hp but only 122hp at wheels but hey that's b--- good

Car owed 32 years

Alec

Alec

That is one in the same Bob.....good to see your engine is still going nicely....

My only comment about rolling roads, is they merely give an indication of BHP performance figures, They all vary depending on age, calibration and maintenance etc....

My only comment about rolling roads, is they merely give an indication of BHP performance figures, They all vary depending on age, calibration and maintenance etc....

Definitely agree about rolling roads. My TR6 gave peak power of 128bhp on the Aldon rollers. It's a standard CP-series engine with a Phoenix exhaust, so good for 135bhp in theory but the operator still said it was the best power figures they had seen from a standard TR6 as most struggled to reach 120bhp.

Nigel

I took my tr6 for a rolling road session a month or two ago, she made 126 at the wheels and rather good torque figures too. She is only running a phoenix system, its an early cp and has standard internals. The chap there did say other RR shops will produce different figures but i was quiet happy with that!

• 5 years later...
On 11/30/2021 at 1:32 PM, Paul Eli Phillips said:

Hi does Bob still rebuild Tr6 engines I have a 73 2500Pi which will probably need a rebuild if so what sort of price would he charge thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

Bob is still working however now 'self employed'.

If you decide to use him, he'll naturally want to price the work. His mobile is still the same.

Bob

2 hours ago, CP26309 said:

If anyone was rebuilding a 6 Cylinder Triumph engine I would advise them to fit Bronze Thrust Washers and do the full 360 degree conversion!

Not heard of a 360 conversion can you explain or better in with pictures. Is this a repair when things have gone too far?

Andy

I take it means make the thrust washers into a complete (360 deg) fitment, and don’t rely on a single plane thrust washer.

Iveco did it the other way some years ago, reducing the 360 to 180 deg thrust washers, saves machining and thrust washer materials… what could possibly go wrong ?

It only took about 18 months for the first crank to hit block, and then a recall taking another 6 months to rework the 1200 plus vehicles in danger of the same problem. When it isn’t broke…

Mick Richards