Hi All,

I have a set of 60 spoke painted wire wheels I bought from TR Shop 10 years ago. Due to my poor maintenance 2 of them are showing signs of corrosion and rust...The dilemma!... should I bite the bullet and buy a new set (or just 2 new ones) or does anyone know a local repairer in the Northampton area who would shot blast etch and re-stove?

I really cannot make up my mind which is the best decision.. any thoughts?

Roger

Hi All,

I have a set of 60 spoke painted wire wheels I bought from TR Shop 10 years ago. Due to my poor maintenance 2 of them are showing signs of corrosion and rust...The dilemma!... should I bite the bullet and buy a new set (or just 2 new ones) or does anyone know a local repairer in the Northampton area who would shot blast etch and re-stove?

I really cannot make up my mind which is the best decision.. any thoughts?

Roger

Hi

You could try Rugby Classic Motor Garages who I believe refurbish wire wheels and often sell on ebay - see item number 151922517598

I bought some for my 4 a few years ago and they have stood up well - no other connection with them but not too far away from you
Cheers
Rich

Is it safe to have wire wheels blasted and powder coated without some consideration as to the effect of the process on the spokes? Or do the refurbishers take that into account? I've often wondered.

Pete, Dave and Rich,

Thanks for your comments, I will try Rugby and Slough for their opinions on the safety and cost of refurbishing.

Regards

Roger