TR6 rear floor ( diff floor )

Hi Steve,

Managed to grab a couple of hours this afternoon so I thought I'd start my floor.

Marked up holes ready to drill out, and cut the old diff bulge out.

Just like to say what a fantastic fit.

Markpost-12353-0-31424700-1491059067_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark69

Nice... going to sart mine once i get the drivers side floor and inner and outer side installed.... !... i also need to order a heel board.....

whats the plan with the rear panle supports.... i was thinking of just cutting the lot out and fabricating new....?

yes.... are they the ones you a making Steve....?

IMG_6246_zpsko54yi3s.jpg

Edited by Nickffc

busy mornning....

IMG_0786_zpspf7nctmj.jpg

ohhhhhh......... i want those.... please...!!

so...the diff panle, any issues with cutting out, tub on or off chassis?... any issues with body going all out of shape. just being carefull...!!

item 48 i presume...

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-02%20at%2012.08.

Will it have that odd circular inspection hole? And does anyone know what on earth it was for?

post-8693-0-46021400-1491249006_thumb.jpg

if thats the one in the boot i belive it was a big ole drain hole for some dipping process or alike....but i could be wrong.... sure i read that somwhere here....!

if thats the one in the boot i belive it was a big ole drain hole for some dipping process or alike....but i could be wrong.... sure i read that somwhere here....!

Yes! It's the one in the Boot floor at the back...A 'dipping process' what for paint to flow out? Were they dip painted? Surely just sprayed back in the day?

It can't be for drainage as it's riveted down with the plate across it. It doesn't offer access to anything below. From a previous TR4 type? Anyone?

Nice.... any idea when Steve....? getting very near the point of ripping out the heelboard and rear floor but dont want ot leave it hanging free for too long.

Nick.. :)

Steve,

Having served an apprenticeship as a Tool Maker 50 + years ago for Press/ Mould Tools. I am amazed at your production of tooling! Are you going to make all the rear floor sections/bits. If so can we have photos of the tooling and the end result? My TR has all original BL Panels, it was rustproofed from new. If you want any photos or dims for reference, please advise.

Thanks,

Bruce.