TR6 rear floor ( diff floor )

Good tip here, wear goggles, very good goggles,... hehe heh,... oh and a good mask, or maybe a combined face mask and visor, you only get the one body.

Mick Richards

• 2 weeks later...

Cheques in the post !

Mick Richards

Have you sourced a material supplier for the correct ductile sheet plate for the pressed items ?

Mick Richards

It's a bit of a minefield as far as I'm concerned as I have no idea on the different grades so I'm having to take advice. I may well end up trying different grades. I've just picked up 2 of the C4 grade sheets but will see what else I can get to compare pressings.

Cox & Buckles/Moss CR1 was the specification of steel we were given for all rubber press work pressing and drop hammer.

That was TR4 wings through TR3 floors and TR4-6 forward, rear and centre deck pieces.

If the steel was not CR1 it tended to tear when drawn on the press.

Heritage went over to zinc faced deep drawing steels, to fit in with the then current standard practise of Rover BMW for corrosion resistance of body in white.

Peter W

Roger,

I've checked with regard to material for pressing out I think you said "Rimming" wasn't it, I've done a Google search :wub: I hope the wife doesn't check the History...gulp.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Roger,

I've checked with regard to material for pressing out I think you said "Rimming" wasn't it, I've done a Google search :wub: I hope the wife doesn't check the History...gulp.

Mick Richards

Been waiting for a similar reply :lol::lol:

Cheers

Mike B)

looking absolutely fantastic.... can't wait to see the finished product... or at least some test pressings. well done so far..

Nick