TR6 rear floor ( diff floor )

Hi Bruce,

I'm hoping to add the diff bump to the tool collection which currently consists of the main diff floor and the 2 brackets so at least then it'll be a full setup. Will try and get some pics up soon.

Stan....???? If only I could. Would love to make loads of bits really but work is just too busy and I have no-where to store everything.

Hi Bruce,

I'm hoping to add the diff bump to the tool collection which currently consists of the main diff floor and the 2 brackets so at least then it'll be a full setup. Will try and get some pics up soon.

Stan.... If only I could. Would love to make loads of bits really but work is just too busy and I have no-where to store everything.

Thanks,

Bruce.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Steve a big thank you to you. This afternoon saw me grinning from ear to ear.

Having finished prepping the panels ready for your new one.

The new panel just dropped into place with ease A PERFECT FIT, your workmanship is a credit to you, thank you once again.

Just need to weld it all in ,job for the weekend.

Regards Mark

Edited by Mark69

You're welcome Mark. Good to see it in a car. Looks like you're steaming along there.

I'll hopefully be welding in the inner arches this weekend and hopefully the heel board & trans tunnel.

Steve,

The steel sheet that you used is that zintec sheet steel?

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

No it's CR4 1.2mm. I took the old floor to the supplier and this is what he recommended.

What is zintec? Any advantage in using it? Rust protection, better drawing?

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Zintec was a pressing/drawing sheet steel originally made by British Steel for automotive panels and rust proofed by a zinc coating which also acts as lub when drawing!

Bruce

Hmm, interesting. Are there any problems with welding together due to the coating or is it just a question of removing where the weld lines will be?

Always interested in any ideas to improve the panel and this sounds like a winner.

Hmm, interesting. Are there any problems with welding together due to the coating or is it just a question of removing where the weld lines will be?

Always interested in any ideas to improve the panel and this sounds like a winner.

You should be able to weld that without any problem same as the Zinc rich weldthru primer, you just might have to watch for fumes.

Stuart.

You should be able to weld that without any problem same as the Zinc rich weldthru primer, you just might have to watch for fumes.

Stuart.

You have a good point there Stuart as the EU have their eye on it, as it is a heavy metal!

Bruce.

I know it's probably not the same, but do you need a special primer to paint over it like you do with galvanising?

No but you do need to make sure its well keyed.

Stuart.

So as a future evolvement, it would be better to use Zintec then?

Always a good idea rather than not.

Stuart.

• 1 year later...