J Type O/D Gearbox Rear Mounting Conversion Kit

Has anyone experience of fitting this kit. The lower bracket/cross member is too wide to fit between the chassis gearbox attachments. I am loathe to grind down the ends of chassis attachments to make it fit but will if I have to. I will speak to Moss first and see if they have had any returned for this problem although I guess they won' have.

Alan.

Fitted one to an early tr6 and had to do quite a bit of fettling to get it to fit

Don't know why,you would think that it would be easy for the manufacturer to get it right!

Tony

Thanks for the replies. Bit the bullet this afternoon and ground about 1/8" of each gearbox attachment. Problem sorted although I agree with Tony, you would think that it would be easy for the manufacturer to get it right.

Alan.

Credit where credit due, apart from the Moss bracket needing the chassis attachments relieving a small amount (on some chassis it might not be required) the fit was excellent. Clearances are very tight and it must have taken a fair been of effort to achieve them.

Alan.