Embarrassed to ask...

Hi. Please forgive my stupidity, but I am looking to have my rear bumpers re chromed before spring.

Not too ashamed to admit I am a complete dullard when it comes to anything 'mechanical' and just wondered if there are any potential 'pit falls' to their removal?

Better to be safe than sorry...

Undo the outer fixings first (rear wing) and then the rearmost ones (rear panel) , soak in plenty of plus gas before attempting to undo the bolts and yes get a friend to help support.

ATB Graham

Definitely 2 people and it would not hurt to put a bit of masking tape around the bumper area as well, wish I did as I scuffed the paintwork a little when I was putting the bumper back on last summer.

Thanks to everyone for their input. Much appreciated!

Another daft question if I may though?

The car had a fairly 'comprehensive' restoration less than 9 months ago, so I doubt I will be encountering seized nuts etc so hoping the removal should be fairly ( famous last words) easy.

How long would you reckon the job will take...is it an half hour, or a half day of a job?

The only reason I ask is I will need to get an extra pair of hands to help me and don't want to underestimate the time scale.

Don't be embarrassed to ask anything on this forum everyone is happy to help, and it may be a question others are wanting to ask.

" Another daft question if I may though? "

There are no daft questions.

Only daft answers from folks who ought to know better.

Plus Gas is a bonus when removing anything bolted or screwed together. I just apply a dab with a small (as in artist's) paintbrush the evening before, let it work overnight, saves much grunting and heaving next morning.

And make sure the spanner or socket fits properly - if the tool is worn, bin it !

Cheers

Alec