Twin pipe exhaust mounting

How do the twin silencer exhausts mount at the rear. Do they hang from the cross tube or do they mount to the boot floor?

If the latter are there brackets avail able, or does anyone have dimensions of something suitable?

On a 5/6 chassis there should be one bracket welded to the cross tube (item 51.....Pt no. 142449) on the near side of the car, the 4A chassis, which uses a twin rear pipe system, has 2 of these brackets. NCA from Moss at moment, but fairly easy to fabricate, then you need two short lengths of flexible exhaust straps to the silencer brackets, I use stainless nuts and bolts hear to make subsequent removal easy.

Cheers Rob

Rob - I don't know what your experience of the SS nuts and bolts has been but stainless-on-stainless can lead to thread 'galling' or cold-welding. One chap I knew did a restoration on a Rover using only stainless fasteners thinking it would solve all corrosion problems, but he found he couldn't get some of them apart again. Had to resort to splitting the nuts in the end.

Cheers gents

This is a Phoenix system that's been gathering dust in the garage.

I do have the fixed hanger on the left hand side, so if that is utilised with this system I'll fabricate a suitable hanger for the right hand box.

I do have the straps kicking about somewhere.

Rob - I don't know what your experience of the SS nuts and bolts has been but stainless-on-stainless can lead to thread 'galling' or cold-welding. One chap I knew did a restoration on a Rover using only stainless fasteners thinking it would solve all corrosion problems, but he found he couldn't get some of them apart again. Had to resort to splitting the nuts in the end.

Ah ha, thats why I always use Copper Ease on just about every nut and bolt I touch!! ...... I always work on the principal that if I've undone it once then I'm bound to return to it sometime in the future.