Cracked TR7 bumper

Can anyone direct me to a description of how to repair the crack that regularly appears on TR7 plastic bumpers. Sure I have read one in the past but search even for "bumpers" did not throw up anything. I'm doing it wrong ? I have Roger Williams "How to restore a TR7&8" but has nothing on bumpers. Please help !

Jeff

Isn't easier to pick up a secondhand one?

I have a soft top for sparesthat might have a useable one.

Let me know if you are interested?

David

Thanks David, sounds a good idea. Its the front one I am looking for . Do you have a front one ? My son lives at Great Chesterford near Saffron Walden so , depending where you are in Cambridge, may not be far, when we come over sometime , to collect.

Jeff

• 4 months later...

Hi Jeff, rob sport do a reasonable fibre glass replica part but the original Tyvek bumpers are repairable. Border coach works near Andover did a great job on a set of tired and cracked bumpers for me.

Decent used items are now becoming very difficult to find - damaged ones should always be retained, even if not repaired for the moment.

So much Wedge stuff was scrapped when scrap prices were high that the supply of every damn thing is dwindling towards unobtainium, and in some cases is already there.

A very considerable proportion of cars currently on SORN will never return to the road precisely because of the lack of good spares . . . . . . and the cost of restoration.

Sadly, the TR Register has singularly failed to preserve the marque TR7 and TR8, and the number of cars potentially fit to remain on the road in the long term is small indeed.

Cheers

Alec

Edited by Alec Pringle