Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd say " Hi " here as i can't find anywhere else to introduce myself as a newbie.

I bought my TR6 about 6 months ago as i fancied a project. It's a 1972 150 Pi UK car and is in the process of a full nut & bolt restoration.

I'm based in Rutland and my background is mostly engineering which will be useful judging by what i have found so far.

Looking forward to getting involved

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve T

Hi Steve,

welcome to the forum.

Have a look on the 'Home' page for local groups - they are a great source of knowledge and inspiration.

Are you a TRR member. If not it would be the best £42 you will spend this year.

Keep posting and add a few pics.

Roger

Hi Peter,

Ahhh, I never was any good with names :-/

Afraid I'll be there without the car as the body is a real basket case...I'm changing everything from the A post back and also the front inner wings. Reckon it'll be a year long job....but I'm looking forward to it.

Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd say " Hi " here as i can't find anywhere else to introduce myself as a newbie.

I bought my TR6 about 6 months ago as i fancied a project. It's a 1972 150 Pi UK car and is in the process of a full nut & bolt restoration.

I'm based in Rutland and my background is mostly engineering which will be useful judging by what i have found so far.

Looking forward to getting involved

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your restoration.

Welcome Steve,

I'm in the middle of a project just like yours. Been going two and a bit years now and still a long way to go. But I enjoy every second of the time I spend on it.

Lots of great advice on the forum.

Sean

At the moment Dave Connitt's TR site is down.

recommend a shoofty at it when it is back on line.

Has quite a few handy hints including a bit on doing your own sand (garnet ) blasting.

Got me into it (garnet blasting) and later the painting bit.

The spot welds on the chassis are a bit hard to find without a bit of blasting first.

As Sean says, the more you do yourself, the more kick you get out of it.

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the advice. I've just finished re-building & strengthening the chassis and it's now awaiting the body. Unfortunately this has had loads of ' not so good ' repairs over the years coupled with a huge amount of tin worm. Basically everything is shot from the A post back. Hardest part to get seems to be the rear floor ( diff cover floor ),but there's always a way around these things.

Had a look at the ' Owners Blog ' section Roger, but can't seem to add my own project page to it. Could this be because I'm accessing via a smart ( or not so ) phone?

Edited by Steve T

Steve,

Come along to a Leicester Group Meeting and share a beer. We meet at the Gate Hangs Well, Syston, every 3rd Thursday of the month. Our group is very partner friendly so do both come. There is a wealth of knowledge and help and companionship at any local group meeting.

There is a member in Exton that would like to contact you. He has a black TR4A.

Might see you soon?

Terry

Thanks Terry, I'll see if I can get along but unfortunately I work alternate shifts and that always seems to be when I'm on a 2-10pm. Will just have to book a half day ;-)

If anyone wants to contact me, they can message me on here can't they? Not quite use to this forum setup yet, but I'm getting there.