HERO LEJOG on telly NOW

Thanks Roger.

Reminds me of the text messages I get from my retired dad saying "channel 42 now" or similar. He never gets it when I say that his channel 42 might be different from mine so can he tall me the name of the channel instead or better still the name of the programme. I usually miss his texts until too late or it's junk on the telly but the texts still makes me laugh. Found a voicemail on my phone the other day with a similar three word message, from hours earlier.

Paul

These programmes on Motors TV tend to be shown over and over again, sometimes even in the middle of the night so you can set your recorder.

Le Jog is on next on Sunday at 6.50p.m.

Cheers,

Deryck

Just watched the you tube and it's inspirational.

Made me realise that over the last few years I am building pretty cars and not enjoying them as driving cars.

My Daughter goes off to Uni. in 3 years so have decide the wife & I will finally have some fun so thinking Le Jog in 2018-19

Can't afford the 8K entry for the Mille Miglia for the 1955 TR2 I am rebuilding at the moment so thinking about options.

Have a number of potential cars sitting in the wings so will have a think over the next few days.

Used to race Mini's back in the 70's and have one stored away but also have a TR4 that might be fun.

After some thought intend putting up a thread re building a car for Le Jog and would appreciate any advice or comments.

Steve

Have you thought about the Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run?

The HERO events were pretty expensive when I enquired about them at Revivial last year, plus you have the cost of the timing equipment etc in your car. Le Jog also seems pretty hard on the car to me and is billed as suitable for people who have done some of the HERO events previously. They do a Training and Briefing day that is quite cheap and gives you a flavour of what to expect - this sounded like a good weekend.

The RBRR seems a nice halfway house, although I'm not sure if you can describe 2000 miles in 48 hours as a "Halfway House".

It's on the reserve list at the moment but low enough numbers you should be guaranteed of a spot as up to 20% of the teams entering pull out. Ben on here is 157 and I'm hoping I'm 158 although they have yet to process my application. There are 4 x TR3's so far if me and Ben get in.

R-M

Not thought at all about what you mention.

As I posted am inspired to get back to motorsport again but want some time to think about it and this is a Sunday evening semi "Whim"

Can't see in all honesty though see that I will compete in anything in my TR2. It will just simply be too good and too valuable for me to happily thrash it around..

Thinking seriously about the basket case TR4 I have,. Looking at rebuilt chassis, engine, box, suspension etc. coupled with reasonable bodywork. In other words , something mechanically reliable that I am happy to enjoy.

Keep me informed on your efforts though, could really be an inspiration.

Steve

Hi Steve, you seem to be going through a similar thought process to me. My TR3 owes me a fortune now so I'm not keen on rallying through forest stages or through rivers. But I am keen to do some mileage in a semi-competitive/amateur environment. That's why the RBRR seems a good option for me.

On the other hand if you have a car that you can build specifically for the event then maybe the HERO stuff might be perfect. Just check out the entry prices. Ive just checked my emails and Summer Trial which is subsidised to get newbies in was £1000 and Le Jog is £3000 for members (£135 membership fee).

Ouch.

Must admit, that's a chunk of change.

Shows I am a bit out of touch as was thinking build car, pay a couple of hundred quid per event , have fun.

Will have to do some serious research over the next few months.

No intention whatsoever of going out to actually win anything but will have to look at what I can afford to build to be reasonably competitive in it's class so would have to be capable of at least midfield and the rest down to ability (or lack of it!)

Done a few track days over the last few years in conjunction with my son in an MGB that I built for him and a few days in other cars including my Maserati 3200gt that I took around Goodwood several years ago at a rather obscene speed so know I am not completely useless!

Steve