TR4a - removing rear panel query

Hi all,

I am trying to remove the rear panel from my TR4a as need to check the outer sill for rust. Can anyone advise what is the best tool for getting to the 7/16" bolts at the rear and top of the wing? The only thing I havent yet tried (because I dont have them), is a deep ring spanner but will this do the job?

Regards

Steven

Presumably you are removing the rear wing, I usually use a selection of open ended spanners as a ring tends to be too big round the perimeter to fit correctly The double offset open ended work well as one end has a different angle to the other. This sort of thing helps http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FACOM-34-7-16-OFFSET-OPEN-END-MIDGET-SPANNER-WRENCH-7-16-Ends-at-15-75-degrees-/181326197053?hash=item2a37e2313d:g:DEsAAOxyJX1TALwA

Stuart.

...plus a small socket set and plenty of swear words.......

Roger

No way can you get a socket, even a special wobbly one on the very rearmost bolt.

Stuart.

Yes rear wing, it's been a right pain. I have half the bolts out but the ones at that rear most are very hard to get to. I have bought a dog leg ring spanner. May as well try it when it turns up and if it doesn't work I shall get the spanner Stuart recommends.

Thanks all

Steve

Edited by swood1