I've got a pair of distressed flares in the back of the wardrobe left over from the 70's

A good friend of mine was working in his un heated workshop at about this time of year and gave himself a good dose of hypothermia,luckily for him,a neighbor had seen his workshop light on past his normal working time and investigated,he ended up in hospital for three days,so be warm,be safe !!

Edited by Ur1328

"So thats - breathing mask, goggles, ear defenders, gloves, Toetector boots, chainmail jerkin, floatation aid, and a rope."

"And a parachute"

And a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, etc, etc

AND a propane garage heater - Mmmmmmm! Toasty!

Problem is it sets off my fire alarm! You can't win!

John

I never assume the car is safe on axle stands alone, in case hidden chassis rust allows it to collapse on me . I add spare wheels, wooden blocks or ramps to provide a second line of support. Belt and braces, I know, but TRs do rust.

Peter

A week or so ago, got a small cut on my finger. Ignored it and carried on working on the car.

It got infected and went to A & E yesterday. On the way my daughter joked that they would probably have to cut my finger off

The nurse took one look and told me to relax whilst she got a scalpel.

She froze it prior to draining it. I'll leave out the gory bits in case anyone is eating, but it hurt like hell.

She then wheeled over the laughing gas bottle and I got an incredible high

Afterwards she joked that I now know how painful childbirth is!!

Anyone know where I can get a bottle of laughing gas

Cheers

Nigel

We rent out a holiday cottage.

After one long weekend let my wife & I went in to turn the house over for our next visitors.

The kitchen was a bit of a mess but nothing damaged or broken but every work surface was covered with a couple of hundred empty Nox bottles with burst balloons all over the floor.

Always thought I was fairly clued up but was a bit surprised that the group we had that weekend were so into cream tea parties with whipped cream& balloons.

Felt a bit of a fool when my 14 year old Daughter explained what it was all about!

Steve