Windscreen Frame

Hi All,

Firstly a very happy and prosperous New Year to all at TRR.

I am refurbing my wind screen frame and wanted to pose the following question:

is it best to replace the old vinyl / plastic inner trim with like for like or would it be best to use a crinckle finish paint ?

I also notice in the parts catologue the mention plastic trim finisher for the outside !!! my frame didn't have this so should it be there ? the car is 1974 PI REG: NBW 576P.

Many thanks

Nigel

There is no outer plastic trim unless your talking about the finisher in the screen rubber. Best looking for the inside is the moulded kit available from all the usual suspects, or you could cover with Vinyl, painting doesnt look good and its in your eyeline all the time your driving it.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your reply, I am looking at the following:

Rimmers - TR6 Windscreen and Frame "page"

Picture number 12 - re-trim set - black moulded vinyl - windscreen frame. Part no RR1229M £84

Picture number 16 - re-trim set - vinyl material - windscreen frame. Part no RR1229V £40

Which is the best one in your opinion ?

Nigel

I dont buy from Rimmers but certainly the Moss moulded one is nice and fits well.

Stuart.

Thank you stuart, just one more question, should the windscreen frame be painted the same colour as the shell or should it be black ? ( matt or shiny )

Nigel

Satin black it is then :D

Thnks guy's

Nigel