Rear Chassis Blocks

Hi - sorry for all the 'New Topics' but we are getting right down to the nuts and bolts of the rebuild.

The picture shows 2 blocks that came from the rear of the TR4A IRS chassis. I have no record of where.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Many thanks as always

Paul

post-11421-0-53371500-1451375220_thumb.jpg

How big are they ?

The only thing that looks at all like that is the front rubber anti roll bar blocks

otherwise ?? it might not come from a TR?

Any way, Happy New year to all

Michael

They could quite possibly have been under the rear chassis mounts, if your chassis has been jig repaired to original then they would be too big but if it did not have all the sag removed then they may still be needed, or at least a cut down version of the same.

Chris

Thanks guys, Chris I am thinking the same thing eliminating everything else??

Best.

Paul

Looked at these pics a couple of times & they are driving me nuts!

If these blocks are around 3' square and around 1 1/2"thick & solid cast then I have seen them before.

Done a couple of TR4/4a's in the past and these stick in my memory for some reason.

Don't have any of the old cars now but these are bugging me.

Call it senior moments but at the oddest time I will remember what they are.

I also think I have one in the workshops somewhere that has been kept aside as a useful panel beating dolly.

Steve

New theory after panel fitting today.

If you put this inside the box section at the rear chassis mounts it places the built head right next to opening in the side of the box.

This means you can get a spanner on the head really easily as opposed to going through the bumper iron holes in the rear valance!!

We did not fit them and still have them. Might turn them in to earrings.

Best

Paul.

• 3 months later...

Just looking in Moss catalog ....

Page 75

At chassis number CT23383, Triumph introduced an amazingly bizarre 'deep dish' rear spring with a 3" block spacer between the spring and axle ... and so on and see catalog for more, hope this helps ...

Thanks Rob I'll check that out. Best. Paul

Just looking in Moss catalog ....

Page 75

At chassis number CT23383, Triumph introduced an amazingly bizarre 'deep dish' rear spring with a 3" block spacer between the spring and axle ... and so on and see catalog for more, hope this helps ...

They are nothing like those blocks.

Stuart.