yep, the normal symptoms of bulb failure with LEDs are difficult to recognise.... i rely on any traffic jam to use the mirrors to see if my indicators or brakelights are reflecting off the euroblob behind... or in front...works ok in twilight..

of course the other factor is that they are light emitting DIODES, so they dont work on positive earth or if you car has weird bulb failure wiring ...the Silver shadow is -ve earth but the lamps are fully isolated and the bulbs wired positive-to-bayonet for some crazy bulb failure warning reason...standard LEDs dont like that. (LED components may well conduct in reverse bias because of Electrostatic Discharge Protection, but they wont light up).

These days you can make a decent headlamp with 5 LEDs containing 5mm2 of chip area, only a few microns thick, which will stand a 2-3A per-square millimetre current and produce 400lumens per chip for 20,000 hours... these things are virtually indestructible if they are kept cool enough (below 120C)..incredible technology.

Seems like most of the sellers of them unfortunately wont ship to the UK.

Stuart.

It's easy to set up a US address as an alternative in your EBay account. Eg HopShop&Go via your PayPal account is the one I use. It then gets shipped to the US address, held there if you want to get goods from elsewhere in the US and the whole lot then consolidated for consignment (with subsequent saving in shipping costs).

Cheers

Jim

It's easy to set up a US address as an alternative in your EBay account. Eg HopShop&Go via your PayPal account is the one I use. It then gets shipped to the US address, held there if you want to get goods from elsewhere in the US and the whole lot then consolidated for consignment (with subsequent saving in shipping costs).

Cheers

Jim

Its not a problem for me as I have contacts in the States I was just making a general observation.

Stuart.

• 1 month later...