Round Britain Reliability Run

Ben,

Sorry to have missed you both.Have you completed your car preparations?

All I have left to do is pack my spares. As far as possible behind the seats, rather then in the boot, as on previous RBRR's had the spares in the boot, this lifted the nose of the car which meant we kept getting flashed by on-coming traffic which thought I had not dipped the headlights.

Oh, I also need to make onboard food snacks.

I am in a White 4A JAF...D.

Wishing you and all other entrants a safe, trouble free and enjoyable event.

Graham

Preparations are now as complete as they are going to get! There is a limit!

The road atlas is highlighted; the boot is packed; the co-driver has even labelled where everything is! There will be room for the crew just! The duvet and pillow could be an issue though..............

Little danger of dazzling oncoming drivers as the springs are so stiff it doesn't move (hence the nice new squishy seats!). We even have fog lamps that work for the first time since we've had the car!

The only thing left to do is to apply bathroom sealant to the rubber below the windscreen to prevent flooding the scuttle and to the leading edge of the hood to slow down the water ingress there (it won't be removed for the duration of the Event after all!). All other water ingress will be dealt with cloths and or gaffer tape!

.................................oh did I mention that I have installed a bilge pump! ;):P

post-13503-0-50430100-1475611312_thumb.jpg

Back in the day the height of self baler tech we had was a flap on the stern board! Great until the wind died and you forgot it was open!

Stuart.

The Wayfarer (and GP14's) still have these but you have to get a bit of speed on before the water slops to the back (and as you say, to stop it coming in if you're going too slow).

A friend has just invited me out to try his Hobie Cat 16. Looks great fun and very stable until you get it wrong. Then it goes really wrong very quickly!

Sorry, back on topic, good luck to all the people doing the RBRR. I've seen some piccies on the Facebook page of people heading for the start. I'll give it a whirl in 2018 if Ben survives mentally intact!

Thanks for the good wishes chaps. I have to admit I am really looking forward to the challenge now :unsure: The only thing I wish we had is a radio. Singing in the car is a great way of keeping alert behind the wheel but the only song I can remember the words to is 'There were Ten in the Bed'. I'm trying to work out how many people should be in the bed at the start to get me around Britain? Ben's snoring is even louder than Jeffrey's exhaust and I need something to drown the noise out.

Phil, that link has taken me to something that looks like a very expensive mouse trap! :o

Richard, that sounded nasty....hope you are ok? If I capsize the TR3 I will be in real trouble, although a wet suit might be a good idea! :blink:

Stuart, Our flaps will be firmly shut and there is no room for a bucket, any spare space has been taken up with scooby snacks and warm kit! :lol:

Vicky. x

Hi All,

You can follow the teams progress on Facebook: www.facebook.com/trreg

and Twitter: www.twitter.com/trevents

I'll try and keep the updates going on all the TRs in the field but it will be easier to focus on Car 43 Team GTR4 Dove (me), Car 42 Tim Hunt TR4A and Car 156 Ben & Vicky Freer.

Hope to see some of you at the control stops here is the full list:

FRIDAY 7th OCTOBER 2016

18:00 FRI: Depart Knebworth, Herts - SG1 2AX
20:20 FRI: Blyth services, Nottinghamshire - S81 8HG
23:50 FRI: Carter Bar, A68, Scottish Border

SATURDAY 8th OCTOBER 2016
01.35 SAT: Kinross Services, Perthshire - KY13 0NQ
05:02 SAT: Skiach Services, Allness - IV16 9XH
07:31 SAT: John O Groats, Caithness - KW1 4YR
11:59 SAT: Skiach Services, Allness - IV16 9XH
16:19 SAT: Morrisons Garage, Stirling - FK7 8EP
19:18 SAT Tebay Services, M6 - CA10 3SB
22:06 SAT: Gledrid Services, Oswestry - SY11 3EN

SUNDAY 9th OCTOBER 2016
00:28 SUN: Sugar Loaf picnic area, A483 nr Llandovery
03:23 SUN: Westonzoyland Aerdrome, A372 nr Bridgewater
05:02 SUN: Whitehouse services, A30 Okehampton - EX20 1QJ
07:24 SUN: Lands End Hotel, Sennen - TR19 7AA
10:31 SUN: Bude Museum, The Castle - EX23 8LG
12:19 SUN: Badgers Holt, Dartmoor - PL20 6SG
14:45 SUN: Pimperne Village Hall, Dorset
18:00 SUN: Finish Knebworth, Hertfordshire - SG1 2AX

I have put a few of our updates on the JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/TeamDove

Thanks for the good wishes chaps. I have to admit I am really looking forward to the challenge now :unsure: The only thing I wish we had is a radio. Singing in the car is a great way of keeping alert behind the wheel but the only song I can remember the words to is 'There were Ten in the Bed'. I'm trying to work out how many people should be in the bed at the start to get me around Britain? Ben's snoring is even louder than Jeffrey's exhaust and I need something to drown the noise out.

Phil, that link has taken me to something that looks like a very expensive mouse trap! :o

Richard, that sounded nasty....hope you are ok? If I capsize the TR3 I will be in real trouble, although a wet suit might be a good idea! :blink:

Stuart, Our flaps will be firmly shut and there is no room for a bucket, any spare space has been taken up with scooby snacks and warm kit! :lol:

Vicky. x

Hi Vicky,

I will also be doing the RBRR - I will be marshalling at Knebworth.

If I spot you I will give you a refrain from one of my Scout songs -

1st verse

I know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.

I know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.

2nd verse

3rd verse

it can go on for quite some time.

See you at the start.

Roger

Just back from Tebay to see how they are doing - fewer retirees than usual!

And a motorway service station fuel bay FULL of Triumphs!

post-535-0-65739400-1475964279_thumb.jpg

All sorts, from Heralds to Acclaims, with of course, some TRs

post-535-0-53916500-1475964373_thumb.jpg

Some dashed through

post-535-0-63809000-1475964425_thumb.jpg

Some stayed to chat

post-535-0-00960100-1475964461_thumb.jpg

Stay awake guys!

John

I was at Blyth, and of course being the first stop everyone seemed alert and in good cheer,

I do hope all is going well, God knows how with only two drivers,that you manage.

All about the Adventure,

Good luck all,

Conrad.

Hi Darren,

Ben and Ben's wife were very chipper at the start despite my parking efforts.

I gave Ben's wife a new song to sing and sang her a few verses before the kick off. - that should keep Ben awake.

The very last car to turn up, just a few minutes before the off, had to a TR Register TR5.

Mind you he had lost his co driver that morning and managed to find a replacement in just a few hours. Well done Chris G.

Roger

It's great fun Neil!!!

Did it with just 2 of us in the TR4, no danger what so ever