My TR3A still waiting for the real connaisseur/collector

Looking forward to the car being collected and arriving (by transporter) next week.

In the meantime, I have painted the garage walls and floor and ordered a dehumidifier and Carcoon!

Raymond's car will be having a very pampered future, whilst still enjoying plenty of European tours and hopefully picking up a few more trophies.

Cheers

Glynn

...In the meantime, I have painted the garage walls and floor...

Powder blue perhaps, Glynn? Congratulations on the new car!

Hmm, great relief to hear she will be pampered or even more, again...

As you can see on the enclosed photo's she ready to start her journey, except for the Teddy, she's staying with us including an empty garage...

Cheers - Raymond

Edited by sidescreen

Looking forward to the car being collected and arriving (by transporter) next week.

In the meantime, I have painted the garage walls and floor and ordered a dehumidifier and Carcoon!

Raymond's car will be having a very pampered future, whilst still enjoying plenty of European tours and hopefully picking up a few more trophies.

Cheers

Glynn

Sounds good! The area where you live will give you more chances (weather) to take the car for a spin! Enjoy it.

I bought my TR in 2004 and when I started the restortion of my TR, I was looking for a pic of finished powder blue TR3A. I am sure that you aren't surprised when I tell you that I found a pic of Raymond's car. More or less during the whole restoration period, this pic was on my computer. Every day when I started the computer I had a look at a finished & beautiful 3A!

@ Raymond: looking at the first pic: what's with the license plate! I don't recall that!

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

That's an idea. I have some of the same era as yours on the pic, or I can even slap on Swedish plates from my Saab 96. I think that they have the same dimensions.

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Menno, if you want to trade a vintage NL plate for a vintage American one, lemme know. I like number plates as garage art --

Hi Alec,

The car will be well used, but to drive it 1000 km in the current winter weather, is not high on my priory list......It would also take me a month to get it back into Raymond's usual pristine condition!

Roll on Summer, when I will hopefully meet up with some of you.

Ben#

Don't sorry Ben, I won't...

Dave#

No Dave, she passes Calais and resides in France.

Raymond

My apologies to you Raymond and Glynn, I didn't think too look at Glynn's location. When I saw the truck, my thoughts were, a knife through the side of the tautliner and a couple of passengers (for want of a better word) having a comfy ride over with their feet up on the dash and cigarette stub's all over the floor.....and much worse. Sounds like it as gone to a good home.

Dave

Edited by nowtelse2do